Well, we blew it - We are on Day 23 of Duck Incubation and the Air Sack is Day 14

The first picture doesn't look terrible to me. Yes draw down will make the air cell appear larger. As for your plan, I would keep the vents open. I always have all vents open on my incubator during hatching. I would remove the turner now. You can continue to mist the eggs until you have external pips and at this point, misting is still ok as long as you don't get water in the pip. Do you have another way to keep a check on humidity? I think the rest of your plan sounds good. I don't increase humidity until I see pips. Let me find the best article I always refer to. I'll be back with it 😊
I have not been adding any water or misting them. Should I wait until I see a pip to add any water -- or should I keep some water in there now?

I have not been adding any water or misting them. Should I wait until I see a pip to add any water -- or should I keep some water in there now?
This is tough without knowing the humidity. Since you have been incubating dry, I would get a hydrometer before adding water. When you were referring to misting earlier, you were talking about raising the humidity in preparation for hatch?

So I was mistaken that you're on Day 25 now. My apologies. I got mixed up somewhere along the way. You can wait until Day 25 to remove the turner.
OK, thanks!! I was all ready to do anything you said. We lucked into a 15/15 hatch last time and so we thought, sure, we will do another 18, but we were way to lax about watching them this time and I am kicking myself. If it was just me watching, no problem, but little bit has a soft heart!

Back
Top Bottom