Well, you knew Tinkerbelle had to have a friend or 2..................

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
I went to pick up some Ameracauna pullets yesterday and what did I fall in love with........................................

4047_tinkerbell.jpg

A SILKIE.......................... OH NO.....................I'M AN OWNER OF A SILKIE................................... Meet Tinkerbell, I hope it's a girl. She is the sweetest little thing.

I'm a closet Silkie lover, I never knew it. I LOVE my big birds. I mean I always thought I was that big chicken kind of person, I still am, I love them all. Good grief, this is out of hand.
lol.png

Last edited:
They really are the sweetest. Tinkerbell is adorable! I have a little brown/partridge(?) week-old silkie that absolutely loves to be cuddled and the rest of my chicks are still scared of me!

hehe. Oh man, I knew there was a reason I stay away from places with chicks/chickens. The last time I went, I came home with 20 chicks.
hmm.png

She sure is a beauty though!
ep.gif

I know. Tinkerbell is so sweet, she seriously wants to be picked up. I made her a nest in a basket with a diaper cloth. I would pet her little head every so often and she just sings away. My husband doesn't want any house dogs, but he never said no lap chickens!!!!!!!
wink.png

She is about 8 wks.

Last edited:
Yep, they steal you heart and then you are sunk. Congrats, she is a cutie. Enjoy a new kind of chicken experience. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your large fowl, it is just an added dimension

Well don't feel bad. They are addicting!! I have Silkies in the house, Silkies in the garage, Silkies in the barn, and more on the way via two broody Cochin hens..one has 21 eggs..then other has 20. Aslo one little Blue Silkie girl sitting on about a dozen.
So if your cute little baby ever needs some companionship....lol!

Back
Top Bottom