WELP- Assorted ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Laskaland, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Just wanted you all to know... These are super healthy ducks, they are crazy healthy!! Alert and peppy and loud and funny.
    The local feed store ordered 110 of the assortment and I went and got 15 of them. I got mostly runners which I wanted, 2 Khaki Campbells and either Mallard or Rouens- hoping they are Roeuns, so hard to tell as babies.
    Anyway, if you were looking to order...
    They also included some crested, I guess, but I was a day late to buy those-someone got there ahead of me!

2. mjane

mjane Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    I plan on buying some ducks in the spring from them. I love welp, for a hatchery their chicks are really nice. I had some from them last year and hatched some full breeds I bought from breeders and most could not tell the difference.
    I want some khaki cambells, pekings and swedish blues. I bought 2 pekings from my feed store that got some from welp last year and they were lovely. Unfortunately we had a predator last month that took out just about my whole flock and the female peking so we will be looking for a mate for him.

3. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    i am a newbie, and just was wondering what welp was? anybody to explain???

4. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
  5. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    thanks, will go check it out!!!! might be some good deals.!!!![​IMG]

6. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'm sorry!
    I should have clarified what WELP was!
    Great hatchery in Iowa. They send free catalogs with GREAT pictures if you call
    Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by