1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welp Hatchery??

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ken, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ken

ken Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2009
    Hi
    I was wondering and looking for feed back about Welp Hatchery? I am going to be placing an order for 50 to 100 cornish rock broilers and was interested in how your purchases were handled and if you would buy from them or which hatchery you like. What I like about them is the free shipping and the prices are reasonable. I live in Maine so if yo know of any place closer that would also be appreciated.
    thanks
    Ken

2. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
  3. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:I got an order of welps CX last month and they are growing out great, im taking them to butcher next week or so.

4. ken

ken Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2009
    Thanks for the replies.
    I had done a search and was just checking for any current sales.
    Thanks folks I will be placing my order with them.
    Ken

5. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    I think I may have to call them to find out availability. Im wanting to get some meaties this month and need to see who has what and for how much lol

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I ordered 50 of their Cornish Rock males last year. I was very pleased. [​IMG]

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We get all our meat birds from welp and have been very happy with them. No problems at all.

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I only get my CX from Welp, and I live in Alaska... minimal to zero dead-loss in shipping, and they're healthy chicks. We just processed 25 of them at 10 weeks old and they averaged over 5# each dressed out... I love them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. wsonphan80

wsonphan80 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Pioneer, CA
    I've received 3 orders of Cornish X's this year from Welp and am very satisied. My first batch are 7 weeks and are between 6-7lbs. Out of 78 meaties, I've only had 3 losses. I ordered 3 batches of 25 and they sent 1 extra each time so I'm still even [​IMG] Good communication and customer service. I've also gotten turkeys and ducks from them. Very healthy looking birds. Only thing is I can't compare them to any other hatchery because they were the first hatchery I ordered from and they've kept my business. The shipping included idea is a nice feature too!

10. bwmichaud

bwmichaud Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    I got some cornish rock broilers from them in April and some barred rocks and white rocks in May. All arrived alive and healthy and exactly when promised. I would buy from them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by