Welsh Harlequin Breeding Thread - People who are breeding or want to breed their WH's talk

That's what someone else suggested too. She is going to send me some more pics and I'll decide then. I like the coloring of the left drake though and am leaning that way.

LightningTFarm do they look fat to you?

Hi, Yes, I agree. I cull wide neck rings out and hardly get any now. Legs darken up a bit with age. They are such a lovely all-round breed and rare so best to be sure he's pure. It annoys me when people cross them.

Gah, I am in LOVE with this drake I found on the internet. If only I could find his clone somewhere and buy him :(. Just beautiful!

That is a really bad picture, I don't really like the claret on that last drake...I think he looks too chunky and unrefined. The drakes you pictured in the group and sent me of FB would be much better for you than a drake like the bottom one. Congrats on your show win! I am so happy our birds are doing well all over the place.

Just one more question, will I have fertile eggs all year around or just in spring during breeding season? I have seen my Drake make a half hearted attempt to breed. But not sure if he was successful, and seeing you can't check fertility of eggs until incubation the eggs
Thanks

That is a really bad picture, I don't really like the claret on that last drake...I think he looks too chunky and unrefined. The drakes you pictured in the group and sent me of FB would be much better for you than a drake like the bottom one. Congrats on your show win! I am so happy our birds are doing well all over the place.

Thank you kswaterfowl! I just love the look of the last drake for some reason. He won Res. Champion Waterfowl, Reserve Ch. Duck, Champion Light Duck at a show somewhere ( I just found him on the internet last night). I asked the seller of the WHs for a video so that I could see how they move, and I like the one on the farthest left the most so far. They are just so chubby :p

I think we have a hen who's laying eggs! :) If it's just one hen, then she's laid an egg each day since she started(which is just three days, lol).

I'm waiting until Spring to hatch any eggs.

Wow, nice size eggs. Mine started laying last Tuesday. So far I got 2 eggs each day, have 3 hens and one Drake about 1 1/2 yrs old. Eggs where 74 76 grams each (2.7 ounces).

Back
Top Bottom