Welsh harlequin duck help

TheBeardie

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Florida
I have 6 ducks, 1 female welsh harlequin 2 female crested ducks 1 male khaki Campbell 1 male khaki Campbell and Muscovy mix and one male Muscovy ( males and females separated and all get along even the males). All my females are hand raised but don't think of me as their mother.my harlequin won't come to me any more she would always ate next me now she won't come near me at all. She started this about a week ago. Why is she doing this? Also she started laying a moth ago if it's any help.

Ducks go through phases. I have some huggable ducks, but they will go for weeks at a time without coming over for hugs and pets. Vier used to be more of a cuddler but she has not let me get close to her for months.

Their hormone levels fluctuate, I think, and that affects their willingness to be close.

We have noticed odd behavior with our Welsh Harlequins. We hatched and raised four this summer and boy were they wild little buggers in the brooder yard. We finally turned them out to free range with the adult ducks a few weeks back and now they are worse than a bottle fed calf. They follow us all over and I swear if you was to sit down the one little hen might almost jump into your lap. Nutball to lap dog in just a couple weeks with no change in our behavior. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom