Welsh Harlequin ducks?

Thanks, DisneyDuckies, Metzer told me they only have silvers but I am telling you my two look nothing alike. Maggie now looks like your pic. Megan has a very dark head and is much darker all over. She has the WH pattern but that's it.

Thanks, DisneyDuckies, Metzer told me they only have silvers but I am telling you my two look nothing alike. Maggie now looks like your pic. Megan has a very dark head and is much darker all over. She has the WH pattern but that's it.

Yikes.. I didnt realize how old the original thread was :) I would love to see a photo of them.

ETA: I misread their description, it does say they have silver. Honestly, I don't know the difference between the two. The photo of their flock definitely shows a variety of head coloring.

Last edited:
I'm sad, I got 3 WH from efowl, I ordered them In nov 2014 and got them February 2015 along with 10 other ducks. All the WH arrived dead along with some of the others. I was really mad at efowl and when they were going to reship them the guy decided to cancel my order and give me my money back, I didn't want my money back I wanted the ducks I ordered! So anyway now I don't have any WH and only one duck has lived out of
The 13 that efowl shipped, very sad

Last edited:
I'm sad, I got 3 WH from efowl, I ordered them In nov 2014 and got them February 2015 along with 10 other ducks. All the WH arrived dead along with some of the others. I was really mad at efowl and when they were going to reship them the guy decided to cancel my order and give me my money back, I didn't want my money back I wanted the ducks I ordered! So anyway now I don't have any WH and only one duck has lived out of
The 13 that efowl shipped, very sad

That is so sad to hear!

I have been on the fence about ordering from Metzer. We would like to add a Buff and Cayuga duck to our flock and I have not had any luck finding any ducklings locally :(

I ordered 5 welsh Harlequin ducklings (and 2 white layer females) from Meter Farms about 4 weeks ago. I had specifically ordered 2 females, 1 male and the rest straight run. Over the course of the first week they all changed so much i couldn't tell them apart. I know for sure one is a female. She is a loud quacker already while the rest are still peeping. the rest are also much darker than she is. I think maybe I only have 1 girl. Ive picked each of them up listening for a quack, but nothing yet. They all arrived healthy and happy though, they even sent an extra duckling and included the nutrition gel

. The post office called me when they arrived and said "we have a package here for you and it's peeping, you might want to come get it"

The second photo is a boy. Welshies are easy to sex prior to the quack by the beak color changing. The drakes get light beaks while the hens continue to darken.

Last edited:
I ordered 5 welsh Harlequin ducklings (and 2 white layer females) from Meter Farms about 4 weeks ago. I had specifically ordered 2 females, 1 male and the rest straight run. Over the course of the first week they all changed so much i couldn't tell them apart. I know for sure one is a female. She is a loud quacker already while the rest are still peeping. the rest are also much darker than she is. I think maybe I only have 1 girl. Ive picked each of them up listening for a quack, but nothing yet. They all arrived healthy and happy though, they even sent an extra duckling and included the nutrition gel

. The post office called me when they arrived and said "we have a package here for you and it's peeping, you might want to come get it"

Could be also that the lighter one is a gold phase as the rest are silver phase. They are cute bunch!

Metzers told me that they only have Silver. However I have 16 WH from them. Two are Gold.
Love my Welshies. They are they best ducks

Back
Top Bottom