Welsh Harlequin Hatching Eggs

kswaterfowl

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Greencastle, IN
1 dozen Welsh Harlequin hatching eggs.
We have done very well with our WH's winning Reserve of Breed at the 2011 Crossroads National, Best of Breed, and Reserve Light Duck at the 2006 Crossroads Joint National. We have also had Champion and Reserve Champion light duck at several shows. We have both silver phase and gold phase males and females in our flock as we work towards having the Golds standardized by the APA. All of our breeders fit their breed standard, with excellent body, bill, and leg color. Superb layers and beautiful birds. Price includes shipping. This is not an auction, it is 1 dozen eggs for sale. Fertility has been checked and looks great! Price includes priority shipping.

Paypal only please.

**We cannot make any claims to hatchability with shipped eggs, but we do our best to package them to prevent loss and make sure they arrive at your location as safe as possible!** While our breeders are fit their breed standard, we can make no claims to the quality of hatched birds. We CULL our ducklings very strictly throughout the entire grow-out process to insure conformation to their breed standard!!!

Check us out on Facebook under K&S Waterfowl or at www.kswaterfowl.webs.com or www.kswaterfowl.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Where did your original Flock come from?
Was also curious as to which eggs we will get, golds, silver, mixed?

Thanks

This is our line of birds. Our original birds came from Holderreads but that was over a decade ago and we have made every decision in their breeding since then so they are our OWN (K&S bloodline). Our flock contains a gold drake and three silver drakes over both gold and silver hens. The golds fit their working breed standard, but since they are not an official APA accepted variety as of yet, we can't call them top show quality, but they are shown, and we've had many BV's with our golds and very good responses from APA judges. The silvers typically do superb at the shows we attend and have many wins to their credit. (Other exhibitors are also doing well at shows with birds from our own.)

Last edited:
The eggs I purchased arrived in excellent condition with no breakage and a generous amount of extras. Out of the 16 eggs I put in the incubator, 14 are currently developing. Excellent fertility rate! I will leave you a positive seller rating shortly!
Thanks a bunch: I am so excited for when these hatch!

Are your birds good egg layers? I have come to enjoy using duck eggs for baking with, so I'd hope any more I get are great egg producers! My incubator is free at the moment, so I'm on the hunt for duck eggs to incubate!

Welsh Harlequins are excellent layers, but they do take a break in late summer when they molt. They start up again in the Fall, and like chickens, will lay all winter if provided with extra light. We use their eggs as our "eating eggs" and they are great to bake with.

Her eggs have excellent fertility as well. I ordered a dozen from her last month and all but two made it to the hatcher yesterday. I have lots of eggs with external pips, so should have ducklings by morning!

How many eggs do you have available at a time (interested in 2 dozen) and could I get a discount if I picked them up? I'm in Western Ohio and would prefer not to have them shipped if possible

Thanks

Wyatt

Back
Top Bottom