Welsh Harlequin Having problems

Quote:
Sounds like a plan, let us know how she is.
fl.gif

Well, everybody else in now outside in their new digs. The little one is still inside with me and getting some swimming time everyday.

It seems to be helping, she can stand some and she will occasionally put weight on the injured foot. She is still tiny compared to everyone else, and she can't really walk, but at least she has some tone in that leg now and seems to be able to move it some. I'm sure she's lonely without her flock, but I'm hopeful that she'll be able to join them again.

Quote:
you could always bring in a buddy for her, might help her be motivated to work harder, and swimming is great therapy. Great news by the way.
fl.gif

I just wanted to update everyone that she is doing fine. She still limps, but she's outside with everyone else and doesn't have any problems running away from me when I come to take care of their bedding/water/food.

It's weird, the first set of ducks I had did something similar where the feet grew in toward each other. They couldn't tell me for sure why, but they gave me an antibiotic that seemed to be helping. I can't tell you too much more because shortly after recovery started my horses broke into the pen and trampled my ducklings to death... good luck though! I hope she gets better!

Back
Top Bottom