Welsh Harlequin Standard of Perfection

Anyone?
hmm.png
They are gorgeous..
love.gif

Did you ever findanything out? I am wandering the same thing. Did you find out about the females head color? I am so confused onwhat the standard should be.

Anyone? :/
Hi I don’t know anything about confirmation of ducks but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing the pictures you posted. Your ducks are beautiful. Are they Harlequins or Appleyards? How many did you start with? Do you have more than one drake?
I am trying to choose new breeds to try for Spring. Over the years we have tried Rouens but because they were not sexed and I’m not very lucky, we ended up with four males. We also had runners who were a little like watching the Three Stooges in greater numbers. They’re pretty nervous so they move in a group, kind of a duck blob. Hilarious! The hens were great layers. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we lost them to a predator attack. That’s devastating but inspires us to find new ways to keep them safe. So we are going to try a couple of new breeds that are a little more social and we’d like a pair of geese as pets. Anyone with suggestions for breeds of ducks or geese that are calm and friendly?
I too just rambled around the APA site and everything circled back to the APA Standards of Perfection. I am mostly interested in what constitutes APA class standards with regard to light and heavy.

Back
Top Bottom