Welsh Harlequin + Welsh Harlequin = Khaki Campbell?

lsg1007

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Missouri
I have 2 pair of Welsh Harlequin (hatchery quality) and incubated some of their eggs on my own (while my ducks are nesting over their own clutches). I was shocked when 8 ducklings looked like Welsh Harlequins and the 9th looks like a Khaki Campbell?! I know that Welsh Harlequins descended from KC and that there are not many unique "gene pools" perhaps making this dark colored duckling a more likely consequence. But, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

I have 2 pair of Welsh Harlequin (hatchery quality) and incubated some of their eggs on my own (while my ducks are nesting over their own clutches). I was shocked when 8 ducklings looked like Welsh Harlequins and the 9th looks like a Khaki Campbell?! I know that Welsh Harlequins descended from KC and that there are not many unique "gene pools" perhaps making this dark colored duckling a more likely consequence. But, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

You've got yourself beautiful ducklings there. No experience with your outcome though.

Back
Top Bottom