Welsh Harlequin

he died of old age really because he had went through several flocks because something always got them at night but after a while he got old I guess and couldn't get away from predetors like he used to but now I got new ducks its been a while since I had some and there in a pen although I do love when the ducks were lose
Yep eventually something will get them, I like to let mine outside of their fenced area but I have to be with them we are surrounded by woods and I know there are preds just waiting for the chance. Old age is good I've got 3 that are over 10yrs old now.

Yep eventually something will get them, I like to let mine outside of their fenced area but I have to be with them we are surrounded by woods and I know there are preds just waiting for the chance. Old age is good I've got 3 that are over 10yrs old now.

that is cool about the older ones we have a little patch of woods right next to the dog pen / rabbit pens / carport thing but then there is a road and houses behind us and lots of woods so we are sourrounded with woods and fields the woods are just across the roads but to our sides are fields and woods its just here its always a raccoon or a neighbors dog ( the ones that live behind us they aparenttly like turkeys)

but the ones I have now I need to make a bigger pen for because they are getting bigger and the ground is saturated from there splashing

I have a question for y'all. My little welsh girl is a big brat to my other ducklings. They are all 4 weeks old and she was the smallest one up until last week. She make up in size by biting everyone so they would get out of her way. Well now she broke 2 blood feathers on my skinny fawn and white runner. I have heard her all day yelping because my welshie won't leave her alone. She bites my white layer as well but tends to leave my big blue runner alone. What gives? I take it my little runner is low man but will she start to chill out? My welshie has always been stand off ish and runs away screaming if I try to touch her. They have all be handled the same amount of time and the others put up with it. It takes her a while to come over even with treats. I'm assuming that is just her personality :(

Ok Percy is 3weeks old now. We go "it" at a week old. So I have no clue what sex it is. Any guesses??

Thanks all for the input. This is only the third welsh I have raised. And I have forgotten what my girls beak looked like at this age. Here is hoping for Quacks!!

Back
Top Bottom