Welsh Harlequin

Oh, okay… where did I get the idea . . . never mind...
hide.gif

packet say nothing about serving size or anything just says to mix one 4oz packet into 2 gallons of water then one once of that into a gallon of water for poultry

I think I would look on the wrapper for a phone # or web addy and contact the company. What doesn't make sense to me is if you mix 4oz of powder into 2 gals of water, and then take one ounce of that into one gal; well that is a very very dilute solution. And the 2 gallons minus the one ounce (that you'd mix into the drinking water) ... What happens to that? Seems like opportunity for 63 oz of water to get wasted. Just my opinion.

Can I hatch out duck eggs along with chicken eggs or do the duck eggs need special treatment in the incubator like humidity or temperature?

What about the brooder? Can Welsh Harlequins go in with Bar Rock and other standard chicken?

Can I hatch out duck eggs along with chicken eggs or do the duck eggs need special treatment in the incubator like humidity or temperature?

What about the brooder? Can Welsh Harlequins go in with Bar Rock and other standard chicken?
I don't think mixing chicks and ducks is a good thing but I am a bit over protective, Chicks peck and can hurt ducklings, Just talked to someone the other day that couldn't figure out why their lil duckling had to scabs on her back, come to find out she was in the brooder with chicks. Maybe same brooder with a divider to keep them separate. As far as incubating I'd PM Lacrystol she is our expert hatcher here on BYC.

I don't think mixing chicks and ducks is a good thing but I am a bit over protective, Chicks peck and can hurt ducklings, Just talked to someone the other day that couldn't figure out why their lil duckling had to scabs on her back, come to find out she was in the brooder with chicks. Maybe same brooder with a divider to keep them separate. As far as incubating I'd PM Lacrystol she is our expert hatcher here on BYC.
Thank you. We do have different brooders if need be but I wasn't sure what was the best route to go.

Back
Top Bottom