Welsh Harlequin

AHA! Standard of Perfection.
I have shown dogs and horses. I should have guessed that!
idunno.gif

Thank you! I am hoping that my daughter will do some 4H showing with our girls. Now that they are close to full grown and have feathers I will have to start comparing them to the SOP. (See look, I'm already using the jargon!)

This is one of my welsh harlequin girls at 7 weeks old. She is much darker than my other girls and any pictures I've seen. Is this a unusual color? Is it common for them to be so dark?

Here are my others for comparison.

She is a hen.

I have a hen, Thoth, who we all swore up and down was a drake. We didn't vent sex, but everything pointed to drake. She still only rarely quacks, and her personality is 100% drake - she even used to bully Erebus, our actual drake! Lol. I'm not even getting any eggs from her. At least, I haven't found any eggs since my other two WHs went broody. But, she's Erebus's favorite, haha.

AHA!  Standard of Perfection.
I have shown dogs and horses.  I should have guessed that!  :idunno

Thank you!  I am hoping that my daughter will do some 4H showing with our girls.  Now that they are close to full grown and have feathers I will have to start comparing them to the SOP.  (See look, I'm already using the jargon!)
hahaha good for you well on your way :)

I ordered from my local feed store, so I got free shipping. They should be here in less than 2.5 weeks!

... I'm also trying to encourage my hen to go broody. Is there a certain age they tend to become broody or anyway to encourage them to be broody?

Back
Top Bottom