Welsh Harlequin

Heres an updated pic of pearl as promised. She has wry tail so im hoping her egg canal isnt bent although she wags n sometimes holds it straight. Shes still so tiny and I got them in march lol

I agree with silk spider, a hen with a yellow bill. I have one with a mostly yellow bill and orange feet, but it's still a girl if it quacks. Drakes have hushed harsh tones.

Best,

Liz

My silver WH lost ALL of her flight feathers yesterday! Not that she was planning to fly anywhere ;) A few minutes with Google tells me it's normal to molt this time of year, but jeez this seems like a lot. And it's just Wiggletail, although she's 2 but my other three ducks just hatched this year so this is their first fall - could that be why? I found at least 20 of Wiggie's biggest feathers all in the kiddie pool at the same time. So weird!

She seems fine, nobody is upset about anything, and her wings look normal other than that they lost their points and are really short when she flaps, like a duckling. It was rainy yesterday so my dog stayed inside - at first I thought a predator grabbed her and she got away, but I don't think a predator would have just grabbed both wing tips and evenly removed only the flight feathers. Right?

Just sharing, updated picture of my new Little's, turned 4 weeks old yesterday :)

Absolutely adorable!

Haven't named them yet, still watching their individual personalities grow.

Cheers'

Dan

We are building our WH a new duck coop. My question is do ducks need to have nesting boxes? This is my first year with ducks and I know that are different for chickens but not sure about the. Nesting boxs.

Back
Top Bottom