Welsh Harlequin

Ok question. Is it hard to tell Welsh Harlequin birds apart especially if they are of the same fase? (Color)
Are they all exactly alike or do they have sudal differences?

We had a hard time sometimes with my two gold phase girls. Maybe silver is easier with their more distinct markings? We had to be very observant with the small variations between the two girls

We had a hard time sometimes with my two gold phase girls. Maybe silver is easier with their more distinct markings? We had to be very observant with the small variations between the two girls
Mine are silver phase, so they are easy to tell apart.

I wouldn't worry! Plus sexing by bill color is only really 70-90% accurate, so vent sexing, when done properly, is much more accurate.
OK, thanks!

I plan to get 4 welsh harlequins (3 girls and 1 boy) from Metzer Farms in a couple weeks. This is the first time we have raised ducks and I'm so excited!!

I plan to get 4 welsh harlequins (3 girls and 1 boy) from Metzer Farms in a couple weeks. This is the first time we have raised ducks and I'm so excited!!
wee.gif

We got ours last July and they were very healthy. They have been GREAT layers. Probably at least 5 a week.

I have one that has gone broody. She adopted a baby chicken. I was hoping that would break her, but it didn't. The baby chick sleeps with the duck and our Silkie is the daytime nanny

I,hope,yours work out great.

Marlene

We had both of welshies sitting on nests for the past month.
Between the flooding and stuff, most of the eggs didn't make it.
Our gold phase girl hatched two, and our silver phase hatched 1.

Something happened to the silver phase's duckling (we honestly don't know what) and she had been distressed and upset until this morning.
I came out and discovered that the girls have apparently decided to share the two ducklings and the smallest best ever.
They are both being fiercely protective, but not fighting with each other at all.
[/IMG]
(Notice that the ducklings they she hatched are the white layer/ welsh harlequin hybrids and not pure welshies)

Back
Top Bottom