Welsumers from Mt.Healthy

Wisher1000

Bama Biddy
13 Years
Mar 31, 2010
Tuscaloosa County, Alabama
Has anyone gotten Welsummer chicks from Mt. Healthy and raised them to see the egg color produced? Our TSC has some Wellie chicks and I would not mind having some but would like to know how good (or bad) the egg color quality will be. Anyone?

I haven't heard anyone getting some from Mt Healthy yet. Be expected to get lighter or "just brown" eggs instead of the real thing. Or get some mixed up of a Brown Leghorns which some of our members reported hatcheries doing the "sly" by subsituting the part of the order with Brown Leghorns. Just watch out for white earlobes and white eggs. Mostly the hatchery Welsummers are bred to do, not in the SOP, nor much emphasis on egg colors but to produce much more eggs per year. However, they would make good Olive Eggers!

Whatever you chose to do, have fun with your Welsummers!

Yeah, that's what I thought, I have not been tempted by anything that TSC has offered this spring until now. I think I will not get any as I KNOW I will be disappointed at POL. The only reason, other than 'hope", that I considered it is because I have not ordered from them and hoped that they do a better job than most of the other hatcheries. Oh well......

Back
Top Bottom