Welsummer EE blend?

WildBillHicks

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Durham, North Carolina
Got two pullets a month ago. Wow are they growing fast. Anyway, I love the neck feathers. What would you guys say they are a mix of? Reminds me somewhat of Welsummers but I have only seen Welsummers in pictures and YT vids so what do I know.

Gorgeous pullets!!!!!!! I raise Barred Rocks but purchased 17 Welsummer
chicks ( five different ages ) from a local 'backyard breeder' so what do I know either - lol!? I saw the Welsummer parent birds of my chicks and they were
beautiful examples of Welsummers I have seen in photos and seemed to be pretty good examples of the breed - at least to my 'un-poultry-judge-trained- eye'. The larger ones are about 10 weeks of age now - seem younger than your 'girls' but they bear a very good resemblance to yours so I would guess
Welsummer at this point.

I believe your girls are brown leghorns. The white earlobes are the tell tale. The color is almost identical to Welsummers and many easter eggers, but leghorns are lighter bodied, have the white lobes and lay many many white eggs.

I believe your girls are brown leghorns. The white earlobes are the tell tale. The color is almost identical to Welsummers and many easter eggers, but leghorns are lighter bodied, have the white lobes and lay many many white eggs.

oh, ok. i guess i'll know for sure when they start laying and the eggs are white.

Back
Top Bottom