Welsummer eggs color

All this time I thought she was but she is a pretty girl so it’s not a big deal. This is why I will never buy chicks from a feed store ever again.

I bought 20 Welsummer chicks from a farm co-op that were advertised as pullets. I figured about half would probably be roosters (based on prior experience buying Welsummers on Craigslist) so I got twice what I needed. Turns out they were all pullets, and they have been fantastic chickens.

The egg on the right is speckled. I just checked about 5 dozen eggs, and most of them have that type of speckling. Welsummer eggs can really vary, from very pale brown with no speckles to eggs with large speckles.
If you’re referring to my picture the one on the right is from my Cuckoo Maran not her. Her egg is the first one

Is it possible that she might still lay speckled eggs being that she just started or that’s it?
Speckled on eggs in my experiences come and go, and are an individual thing. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they aren't. So it's always possible.

I use readers all the time cannot function without them:(
I'm getting cataracts already, so it's causing some problems apparently that I didn't notice until others point out what I can't see well. :idunno It will be a few years before they are bad enough to do something about.

Back
Top Bottom