Welsummer not a welsummer!!

Birdmom2020

Songster
Mar 9, 2020
Yadkin river area NC
So I've thought all this time I've have this girl that she's a welsummer. Orange legs and coloring all match a welsummer. BUT she lays green eggs! I now realize I have an olive egger. Her eggs are a beautiful olive color and she's consistent. I've gotten 2 eggs a day from her 3 times and shes been laying for 2 weeks.

There are duck eggs my red hens' eggs and my olive egger eggs in the crate.

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_084850878.jpg
    IMG_20210122_084850878.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210122_084555895.jpg
    IMG_20210122_084555895.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210122_084303105.jpg
    IMG_20210122_084303105.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 45
@jus10inla yes that's what I'm saying. 3 times in a row when I gathered eggs there were 2 green eggs for 1 day lay.

She is the only bird I have of her color. Other than her the other birds I have are:
3 reds (Isa golden comet sexlink not quite sure but they lay brown eggs)
2 orpington-1 blonde 1 lavender neither lay any more at all.
2 silkie hens-one blonde one black of course both lay small off white eggs
1 barred cochin- again brown eggs
3 pekin duck females- white duck eggs.

Other than them I have these males:
1 silkie
1 buff laced Brahma
1 male pekin
1 male swedish
1 male mallard (came from pond across the road....?) Who adopted our flock.

There are no other birds who could lay green eggs. We are the only ones in our area with free range birds and her eggs are always under my front porch.

Also

Yes I know I have too many male ducks. Working to re-home 2 of them.

So you seen it with your own eyes her come fro. Under porch where eggs were? What your sayin makes sense for the other birds and there egg color.
Since u said u had a neighbor tom duck, any chence a neighbor hen could heve came over and laid it

So you seen it with your own eyes her come fro. Under porch where eggs were? What your sayin makes sense for the other birds and there egg color.
Since u said u had a neighbor tom duck, any chence a neighbor hen could heve came over and laid it
That bird is NOT a welsummer. It has the wrong color and it has a crest. She is definitely an olive egger.

Yes I seen her! I know my birds. Not all birds but my birds. The duck was not from a neighbor. It was in the pond (no houses near it) across the road all year. When the others left it stayed and started coming into our yard. After about a month it started following our birds into the coop. And hasn't left our yard since. That was around September/October. The only other person in my area with birds is about half a mile away. They don't even have chickens! They have guineas! This hen cannot be a green egg laying welsummer. There's no way. There is no possibility at all that another one of my birds or any ones in my area laid these green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom