Welsummer not a welsummer!!

Just to be clear.. I was told in here that she's a welsummer and not an olive egger. I bought her as a 3 day chick from tractor supply and she was labeled an olive egger. When I posted to ask gender I was told she's not an olive egger bc of the color of her legs.

Just to be clear.. I was told in here that she's a welsummer and not an olive egger. I bought her as a 3 day chick from tractor supply and she was labeled an olive egger. When I posted to ask gender I was told she's not an olive egger bc of the color of her legs.

Nobody really knows why leg colors happen the way they do. I have a yellow legged bird that lays blue eggs, a blue legged girl that lays brown eggs, and a few green and yellow legs that lay Khaki colored eggs. Leg color does not *always* tell you what egg color you're going to get.

Olive eggers have yellow/orange legs a lot. Idk who told you that but they must’ve been mistaken.

Nobody really knows why leg colors happen the way they do. I have a yellow legged bird that lays blue eggs, a blue legged girl that lays brown eggs, and a few green and yellow legs that lay Khaki colored eggs. Leg color does not *always* tell you what egg color you're going to get.
I honestly really didn't know before that (meaning the post that I mentioned) that leg color had anything at all to do with what color their eggs will be.. if that was the case wouldn't silkie (according to the leg color matching egg color) lay black or at least very dark eggs? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I'm just an unfit chicken momma :confused:

Olive eggers have yellow/orange legs a lot. Idk who told you that but they must’ve been mistaken.

There's a very wide spread belief that leg color tells you what egg color you're going to get. I was told that a bird with blue or green legs would lay those egg colors, too.

There's so much misinformation about egg color and what signs to look for on your bird for that info.

There's a very wide spread belief that leg color tells you what egg color you're going to get. I was told that a bird with blue or green legs would lay those egg colors, too.

There's so much misinformation about egg color and what signs to look for on your bird for that info.
I hope that nobody believes that.

I honestly really didn't know before that (meaning the post that I mentioned) that leg color had anything at all to do with what color their eggs will be.. if that was the case wouldn't silkie (according to the leg color matching egg color) lay black or at least very dark eggs? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I'm just an unfit chicken momma :confused:

I agree with you. I have a lot of people argue with me that ear color (and some people can't even agree what the ear is) also says what their egg color will be.

Genetics for egg colors is super complicated and correlation is not causation.. and some people can't separate that.

Back
Top Bottom