Welsummer or Leghorn Pullet?

Thats a hatchery Welsumer. Depending on the hatchery , she should be a decent layer and is capable of laying a nice dark brown egg. I once had a small flock, purchased the chicks from Ideal, and they almost all layed real nice dark eggs.

I had several that looked just like her. I also had some that had white tips on one or two wing feathers, but you dont buy from a hatchery for APA standard , so didnt bother me. I posted the color of their eggs in a Marans thread and that what I was after , so all in all I was very pleased.

Gloria,thanks for the leghorn photo... what a beautiful pullet! That does help b/c it shows me just how pronounced her coloring and lobe is! Wow! So perhaps I can keep calling her "Summer" afterall
wink.png

Quote:
Did you order your chicks from MPC? I ordered a Wellsummer too and she is not developing any pattern. She looks just like yours.
IMG_1485.jpg

I've never seen a Welsummer that looked like that. (BTW: NOT a LBLH)

Take a pic of the first egg for us will ya?

Looking at the pic I can see there is color and pattern on her... but yeah, very faint. But, it is indeed the egg color that most folks are after.... so if she lays nice dark eggs.... who cares
wink.png

Quote:
Did you order your chicks from MPC? I ordered a Wellsummer too and she is not developing any pattern. She looks just like yours.

Yes, we did get her from MPC. She does have a nice pattern, but not very distinct. She's the sweetest one we have!
smile.png

Quote:

Yes, we did get her from MPC. She does have a nice pattern, but not very distinct. She's the sweetest one we have!
smile.png

Pesca seems to be developing a tiny bit of a pattern, it is very faint. Her chest is getting slightly lighter over time also. That's funny, Pesca has been the most friendly out of our bunch too! They must be sisters
smile.png
The dumb thing always walks under the pick axe as I am digging
ep.gif
I keep thinking we are going to have a shishcabob for dinner
tongue.png
She is just so sweet and trusting, she knows I would never harm her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom