Welsummer Roo cross Light Sussex hen

matchook7

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
South Australia
Hi I know this has been discussed before but I have not the time to go through old posts I have a Welsummer Roo cross Light Sussex hen chicks hatching at the moment so far these look like a Welsummer or a plain browny gold colour Does that mean they are all girls so far? Also can this breed be feather sexed? Thank you very much

Blackberry18

Songster
Mar 25, 2015
Minnesota
Hi I know this has been discussed before but I have not the time to go through old posts I have a Welsummer Roo cross Light Sussex hen chicks hatching at the moment so far these look like a Welsummer or a plain browny gold colour Does that mean they are all girls so far? Also can this breed be feather sexed? Thank you very much
The breed cannot be feather-sexed, but they can be auto-sexed. Welsummer x Light Sussex should produce sex-linked chicks, so I'd say that it's safe to say you have all females.

spruett386

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2021
The breed cannot be feather-sexed, but they can be auto-sexed. Welsummer x Light Sussex should produce sex-linked chicks, so I'd say that it's safe to say you have all females.
What would males of this cross be? Im hatching a female Welsummer with a light sussex roo. Does anyone have pics of what the chicks would look like?

spruett386

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2021
What would males of this cross be? Im hatching a female Welsummer with a light sussex roo. Does anyone have pics of what the chicks would look like?

Top Bottom