Welsummer roo x cream legbar hen

If i ever decided to sell chicks or hatching eggs it would be down the line a bit. I just would want them to be actual olive eggers. Otherwise id have to call them easter eggers?
That could be the way to go.
If it was me I'd call them olive egger "project" birds and just be honest. Explain that you're working towards true dark olive color eggs but you're still in early stage so you haven't had offspring to laying egg yet to determine just how dark your birds are producing.
Like I said lots are just producing green eggers and lots are happy buying them as olive eggers.
You have to start somewhere with projects and being honest with where you're at should go a long ways with buyers.

That could be the way to go.
If it was me I'd call them olive egger "project" birds and just be honest. Explain that you're working towards true dark olive color eggs but you're still in early stage so you haven't had offspring to laying egg yet to determine just how dark your birds are producing.
Like I said lots are just producing green eggers and lots are happy buying them as olive eggers.
You have to start somewhere with projects and being honest with where you're at should go a long ways with buyers.
Great idea!

Olive eggers.... In theory yes. I've always considered olive eggers as birds that lay dark green eggs. So your Welsummer would need to be from a line that laid dark brown eggs. Lots of Welsummers aren't.
Others are calling anything that lays green eggs olive eggers. Your cross would produce those without a doubt.
Sex linked.... yes they would be. Girls would be duckwing and boys would be duckwing with barring. Now whether they showed a nice easy to see headspot at hatch would have to be determined.
The boys wouldn't hatch out with the normal very lightened pattern like a legbar boy since they'd only have one barring gene instead of two.
Hello, can you help me with my most recent thread? It’s to do with different autosexing breeds and I’m unsure of what the chicks will be. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom