Welsummers??

BLRW over Welsummer or BLRW over speckled sussex?
20200607_183341.jpg

I got some eggs from someone that has a BLRW roo and welsummer and SS hens. I am trying to figure out which hen this one might have come from. They are difficult to recognize at this age.
I'm not sure... I could tell my two "probably Welsummers" apart because of their yellow legs instead of tan... but yours may have gotten the yellow legs from the blrw.
Maybe if it has a bit of a white stripe down its chest it could be related to SS?
Sorry I'm not much of a help... maybe you could start your own thread, you would probably have more experienced people answer instead of just me! I guess you will find out soon enough!

Hey! The "Welsummers" are now thirteen weeks old. I'm still not sure what they are! Although I did notice a single speckle on Comet's tail... all their feathers have a very faint green gleam and are extremely soft just like Confetti's! Could they be SS mixed with Welsummer or leghorn?
If I post pictures is there anyone willing to try, or should I start a new thread? Thanks!

**(Comet is the smaller possible Welsummer. Confetti is the speckled sussex)

Hey! The "Welsummers" are now thirteen weeks old. I'm still not sure what they are! Although I did notice a single speckle on Comet's tail... all their feathers have a very faint green gleam and are extremely soft just like Confetti's! Could they be SS mixed with Welsummer or leghorn?
If I post pictures is there anyone willing to try, or should I start a new thread? Thanks!

**(Comet is the smaller possible Welsummer. Confetti is the speckled sussex)
The feathering doesn’t look quite right for a Welsummer but it could still be their chick feathers. Here are some Welsummers about 15 weeks for comparison. Go ahead and post some more pics.
3C360AD6-D602-4AD0-B2B6-820267003CD8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom