went to get a chicken and ended involved in a child kidnapping :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by technodoll, Dec 13, 2009.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    DH and I drove to my favorite breeder's place this afternoon to pick up a banty to keep my little 10-week old Brahma pullet company, as she can't go in the pen with the older girls since they peck her to bloody bits.

I phoned this morning and all was fine.

We got there around 2pm and the poor man was shaking like a leaf, kept apologizing for his state of utter nerves:

30 minutes before we arrived, he got an anonymous phone call from a guy shouting expletitives and demanding a ransom for his daughter if he ever wanted to see her alive again.

[​IMG]

The state police were on their way, he was waiting and just about to have a heart attack from stress [​IMG]

Poor man, he and his lady are such sweethearts, I cannot imagine anyone wanting them harm??? They keep to themselves and live in the middle of nowhere, wth?

His daughter lives near the city with his ex-wife, who owns a bar... and the daughter works there. She was last seen this morning on her way to work (to clean the place or do book-keeping, I don't know). He had to call his ex-wife to tell her about the kidnapping call, she knew nothing about the situation!

So the police force is on it, it's a crime to utter death threats and oh, I can't believe such things HAPPEN! If I hadn't been there and heard things for myself, I would have thought it was a joke. But it's not.

In all of this he gave me a beautiful bantam pullet (japanese mix, I think?), refused any payment, can you believe it?

I told him I'd call tomorrow night for news, I'm worried sick for him. He was on the verge of tears the whole time we were there.

Great way to spend a cold, snowy Sunday before Christmas...

(please send any spare prayers his way, I really care for this kind soul and am petrified to get bad news)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    crazy world we live in.

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ponygal12

ponygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Ahhhh! Crazy people these days....... [​IMG]

6. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    It's so sad to see such nice people get hit with such crap and then just fall apart.

They have NO money, they live in a tiny house and drive an old car - what the HECK are people thinking??

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hoping and praying this is all some kind of sick hoax. Maybe somebody stole her cell phone, and thought it would be funny to call her family???

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hope all ends well![​IMG]

9. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    That's what I'm hoping, but the call was from a hidden (private) ID number...

The police can get the info from the phone company, at least - I really really hope it's some kind of sick joke.

Will know more tomorrow night...

*worried*

10. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:yeah hopefully it's a sick joke. My prayers to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by