went to get a chicken and ended involved in a child kidnapping :(

Since he is not wealthy, it's probably some worthless meth-head trying to get money for a fix. I just hope that the daughter is not really being held hostage. Prayers said.

OK, spoke to the family tonight and there is good news and bad news.

The good news: the daughter has been found and is safe at her mother's.

The bad news: she is in deep trouble with "very bad people", I didn't ask but it sounded like gangs, or drugs, or worse. The individuals who made the threatening phone calls are wanted by the police for many things so there is a search warrant out.

The family had NO idea any of this was going on, the daughter is very distant and had last been in contact in August. Neither she nor her mother (the ex-wife) are apparently much concerned or worried about what just happened, while my friends didn't sleep a wink last night after the police told them they should evacuate their house. They did not leave and chose to stand their ground, in shock and in dismay.

The police are patrolling every hour as threats were made against them.

So, while I am VERY relieved the daughter is safe, nobody knows how this will end.

Times like this, I'm so grateful I don't have children...
hide.gif

I must thank you all for your support and prayers, I relayed the message of all the well-wishes and my friend started to cry on the phone.

They are really good people, now stuck in a horrible situation.

Please keep them in your hearts and hug your children tonight!

Prayers for all the people involved. I'm glad the girl is safe. Worried for the families involved though. How scary to say the least!

Thanks everyone... it sure is an eye-opener.

The daughter lives on the south shore of Montreal... her dad and his GF (my friends) live an hour east, near a tiny farming community.

*shakes head*

Oh My!!! I glad she was found safe, and I hope everything gets straightened out and they catch the guys that did this!

It is so hard being a parent to an adult child making irresponsible decisions/getting involved with the "wrong crowd" (one of the reasons I am not able to participate as often with BYC lately).... even worse when it comes back in such a way as to disturb your daily life.
My thoughts and prayers with your friends.... (((hugs)))
Diana

Back
Top Bottom