Went to get my pullets(41/2-5mo old) fresh water and saw this:

So, first of all I want to say a great big thank you to everyone who tried to help me out with my pullet with the eye thing. And secondly I'm so, so sorry that I haven't updated everyone here, my goats are all kidding, of course within days of each other and for some reason one of my new moms decided to kick one of her newborns to the side. So on top of fostering, being a relatively new chicken mom, I am also bottle feeding a baby goat. Something I haven't done in awhile. But such is life on a ranch, even a hobby one like ours.

Anyway, unfortunately, our chicken lost her eye. I'm not sure if we didn't get all of the infection out, didn't treat it correctly or what, but, ya. She's doing great otherwise. And the other hens seem to have really rallied and her and are kinda protective of her. And like I say, she seems too be doing great, isn't acting sick at all otherwise and has adapted well too. So, again, thank you for all of your help!

I'm sorry to hear about the eye loss too but well done for trying your best with it. I'm sure she will cope fine - we have a hen, Skye, who is blind in one eye (or at least mostly blind) and she manages just fine.

I'm sorry to hear about the eye loss too but well done for trying your best with it. I'm sure she will cope fine - we have a hen, Skye, who is blind in one eye (or at least mostly blind) and she manages just fine.
Thank you for that. It really means so much to get all of this support and to hear how well others blind chickens are doing. Y'all are incredible people and I'm really happy I landed on this site! :love:hugs

Back
Top Bottom