Went to The Fair yesterday to see chickens

Oh no, you don't have to pay to see any of the animals. There's a $10 charge to get into the fair itself.

I just wanted to see live chooks. I've seen so many gorgeous birds on BYC that I wanted to get a sense of their size and behaviors in real life.

There was a handful of birds, just not the full show that'll be there next weekend. I did get to see some OEG. I was shocked at how small they are!

I had the same problem as you, only when I went it was pigeon week. Mia liked them though. I'm going back to the fair next week though, so I'll get a chicken fix.

(I'm taking Miss Mia to see the Doodlebobs. Do I sound excited?)
he.gif

We took our kids to see the Wiggles once. I think I'd rather them than the Doodlebops. Glad my kids were already too old for that kind of show when that one came on the scene.

Quote:
Thats exactly what I saw when I went to the Fair a couple weeks ago here
Very Pathetic. I thought I would see show chickens but instead lots of dirty, irritated, injured birds. Missnamed Breads, poor health and mostly Bantams.

I Immediately Decided I am no way ever showing my chickens in the Fair.

I have to say, I went to two fairs in my area and the chickens were pathetic...

My chickens are ten times prettier than anything I saw at the fair...
D.gif

If I want to see chickens...I'll just plant myself in a lawn chair with a nice glass of iced tea!
woot.gif

seems odd that the pickens where slim in so many places. and i agree, misnamed breeds, tons of 'good cull' notes from the judges, birds that looked 'off'...

what is going on?

also, the ones we went to had the WRONG times listed for the shows and auctions. we got there early and still missed stuff, simply because the schedules in the brochures where off.

i still say, let's form our own show! that iced tea show sounds good...that's what we do!

Last edited:
i showed one of my polish this year in the puyallup fair and theres only one chicken show that i know of it happened the first week of the fair last year i showed a couple of birds two and there was only one show

Awww i feel blessed to have had a great fair experience this year. We went just to see the chickens, some were in rough shape but most were gorgeous and lots of different breeds of all sizes even seramas. The lady who had her seramas in there is the lady i bought my quad from and she got 1st place with all 4
big_smile.png
. They also had lots of turkeys,ducks, geese ect... Ours wwas $12 to get in and $5 for a glass of lemonade!!! outrageous! It was $34 before we even walked in the gate....$10 for parking alone. Altho i love to go see the chickens its aweful expensive.

Back
Top Bottom