Went to TSC and came home with 10 chicks **Updated pictures, Page 2!!!

fours2many

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Naples, Florida
10! My daughter would have kept picking...more and more... I had to get out of there, they are soooo cute.

I am gonna try and post pictures. There are some we just have no idea what they are. They were just too cute to pass up.

49924_leroy.jpg

This guy was in the bantam bin. We have no clue what it is. It is gray, orange/to yellow legs and beak, with stripes and dots.
I named him Leroy. He stands like a rooster would. Seams a bit different than any of the other chickens.

49924_dinner.jpg

This is Dinner. I think the name fits...lol!

49924_chicks8.jpg

Little white fluffy silkie. He is so silly, named snowflake

49924_chicks1.jpg

49924_chicks6.jpg

One of the black and white chicks, has a small scratch on its back. One of the chipmunk looking chicks kept pecking at it. We tried putting the black and white one by itself, but it kept crying. We put some neosporin on the spot and placed him back in the bator. So far, nobody is pesting with it. Hopefully it is safe for chicks. I looked it up and didn't find anything bad about using it.

Other than that, all are healthy and happily sleeping now. We had such a blast watching these guys, we didn't even eat dinner. I don't think hubby was too happy about it, but they are so adorable...he can eat cereal...
hide.gif

Last edited:
Yes, they sure are cute. Funny little things, like cute bulls...just plowing their way through the crowd. They don't care if they are stepping on a sleeping chick. Funny to watch. Funniest thing is when they sleep with their heads in the feeder. All of a sudden they wake up and just start eating again.
I am really liking these guys. I am so glad we got them!

Yes they are...can you tell? I can't seem to leave the room for more than a minute, I just have to be watching them. Poor DH went to bed hungry...lol!

Oh, he'll be OK, there's always a sandwich. One thing I can say for having birds, DH always know where I am when he comes home from work in the evening(weather permitting)-outside watching my flock.
Think it's bad watching them in the brooder, wait til they get outside-that's when the real enjoyment begins!

Quote:
No, it said straight run. The guy working there had no idea what was what. So we just picked out cute ones that were eating, drinking, running, and seemed healthy, with no pasty but and good legs.
We know some a corning, EE, but the rest, we haven't been able to find anything positive on. The black and whites are standard and 1 looks like a barred rock, but the other 2 do not have a white spot on their heads. They gray bantam...we have no clue. Must be a mutt of some sort. He is very pretty though. Hopefully we do not have many roosters. I guess that is a wait and see thing.

I am just loving this. I always wanted chickens. Ever since I was a little girl. I am so happy right now!

Quote:
No, it said straight run. The guy working there had no idea what was what. So we just picked out cute ones that were eating, drinking, running, and seemed healthy, with no pasty but and good legs.
We know some a corning, EE, but the rest, we haven't been able to find anything positive on. The black and whites are standard and 1 looks like a barred rock, but the other 2 do not have a white spot on their heads. They gray bantam...we have no clue. Must be a mutt of some sort. He is very pretty though. Hopefully we do not have many roosters. I guess that is a wait and see thing.

I am just loving this. I always wanted chickens. Ever since I was a little girl. I am so happy right now!

Ok, thanks.
smile.png
Do you know where your TSC orderd chicks from?
And enjoy your chicks
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom