We're off for our European Vacation!...We're BAAACCK!

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
I'm really thinking National Lampoon's European Vacation at the moment really, since we are taking all but the littlest kid (who is 4) with us... you know, a 10, 9 and 7 yr old - not the most romantic vacation you can plan.

Just in case you miss me - we'll be back in 2 weeks!

We're starting in Barcelona, then taking a week cruise around Italy and ending up in Paris (and Euro Disney if the kids are good - bribery will get you everywhere!)

Plane tickets to Europe: $3000
Cruise around Italy $5000
Fussing at the kids for getting bored in yet ANOTHER cathedral or museum... priceless!

At least the chickens will be in good hands - my MIL, who grew up on a dairy farm and had 1000s of layers to take care of will be attending our little flock.

See ya in a ccouple weeks!
Susan

EDIT: Oh, and say a little prayer for me that I can get on that plane - this will be the first time I've been away from my little one more than one night since he was born. I do think he'll have more fun staying with a friend of the family who has kids and is taking him to the zoo and ChuckECheese than going with us on that long plane ride to places that will just bore him... I'm sure going to miss my little monkey though!

Last edited:
Hey, does your sister have chickens?? Maybe we could do a side trip... LOL...
lau.gif

I can just see my husband now... we've come all this way to look at CHICKENS???

gig.gif

Susan

Have a really great trip!! Take some pictures to share with us. Im sure you'll see some chickens somewhere to take a few photos of, LOL.

Chel

Ending up in Paris eh?

That's just across the border (ocean) from me!

Is this your first trip to europe?

I hope you have a good time and that the weather stays nice for your visit...

Thanks all!

We're not going to make it to England this trip - just not enough time. We'll have to save the British Isles and also Germany for other time(s).

My hubby and I have both been to Italy before and he's been to Paris and Barcelona but I haven't been there yet. Of course, it's all new to the kids, including flying, so it will be a big adventure for them.

I'm signing off now... you notice the last website I check is BYC... LOL

Susan

Back
Top Bottom