We're on our way to get the chicks!!! *3 Week Update with new pics!*

If you want people to concentrate on how adorable your little fluffy butts are, I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave Daybreak's pic out of your post - that may be the cutest little kitty I've ever seen!
love.gif

Thank you! I love their little peeps! Only two dirty bums this morning.
big_smile.png
They had partially dislodged their divider, so I had to re-tape that. I'm really glad that they hadn't gotten on the other side.

The brooder temp didn't get below ninety-four last night! I'm so happy. I'd been testing it the past couple days and was a little worried, because the brooder's in the shed this time and it's a quite a bit colder in there than it was in our kitchen. The first night it was like sixty-something, even with cardboard over the top, then I added a tinfoil shield/extension around the lamp reflector and a blanket over one half and it got it up to eighty-five for a low. I didn't test it last night, after I got the divider in and set it up, so I was very happy to see the temperature this morning. (Our thermometer has a high/low thing that is very nice - thanks, Daddy
smile.png
) After messing around in the brooder this morning I made it drop ten degrees, so now they're all covered up again to warm up.
tongue.png

Haha - that's so funny about Daybreak. He is quite cute, and loves playing. He doesn't like being held too much, though he's getting better.
smile.png

cambriagardener - you are so right! I wish they could stay little forever!
love.gif

Week 1 update!!!

All ten little girls are doing very well. Pecking on little specks in cardboard thirty times in a row, racing after everybody else, fly-jumping around, dashing over to check out someone else's Something which ends up a Nothing - yep, they're good. I'm so happy that they love eating out of my hand. Even though they have their feeder all the time, they always seem excited to eat their crumble out of Mommy's hand.
love.gif

28038_101_0778.jpg

28038_101_0783.jpg

And this is my 'special' chick, who I've given a little purple food-colored dot on her stomach so I can tell her apart from the others. I think I may name her Callie.

28038_101_0792.jpg

crash, how are your chicks doing?

organicchef - are you getting your babies tomorrow? Exciting!!! Enjoy your fluffy-pies!

wordgirl what a great idea, my chicks are about 10 days old and scattery, I will try feeding them by hand every day. Yours are very nice, what kind are they. MINE COME THIS SUNDAY!!!!
ya.gif
:weee

Quote:
Thank you - they are 'Gold Links,' as the hatchery called them. A lot of people call them Golden Comets.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom