We're still in Kansas Toto...

Fat Daddy

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Ks
My bride and I took a ride to Topeka about 6:30 this evening. My grandson asked for a cowboy hat for his B-day, which is tomorrow,and I was going to get him one. Saw the first tornado before we hit town. It was around 4 miles away. Bout 5 mins, after we passed it, the cell phone went off with a text warning about it. Got to Topeka and TSC would'nt let us in the store due to the tornado warning.... Well not one to be put off, we turned around and headed for Lawrence. Just passed where we had saw the tornado, we passed storm spotters and news crews all heading toward Topeka. Looked behind us and 3 could be seen at one point, all tailing from one wall cloud. Farther away this time, maybe 8 miles away... We did shopping and headed home just behind the storm. Baseball sized hail, strong winds, but no touch down at home. Did throw one of my 450 lb quail pens. I have found no dead but couldnt check really well, it was dark and the sirens are going off again. Storm looks to be going just north now thou... WILD night in Kansas Toto.... Heres what my pen looked like when I got home....Bill

73612_quail_pix_008.jpg

73612_quail_pix_009.jpg

THAT SUX. GLAD Y'ALL DIDNT GET ANY REAL DAMAGE THO...

GONNA SUCK TRYIN TO GET THEM PENS BACK UPRIGHT, AND I DARE SAY IT MAY DELAY FURTHER EGG PRODUCTION
smile.png
IN FACT I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDNT GET PUCKER FACTOR STRONG ENOUGH TO SUCK THE PEN WALLS IN
lau.gif
POOR LIL GUYS.

HOPE ALL IS WELL AND REMAINS THAT WAY

Quote:
These were the 23 Butlers I got from you too, I got my bro and we grunted it back up right. They were running around but it aint over yet... Just had another round of hail and wind.... Bill
hide.gif

Last edited:
I'm Not Sure Ground Anchors Are A Good Idea There Or Not Bill... Should Keep Them Upright, But Another Close Call Like That May Have Enough Force To Tear The Pen Open And Cause Bird Loss? A Bit Of A Quandry Isnt It?

The Most Important Thing Is That Y'all Are Ok, And Still Have A Home That Is Intact, Then The Fact That Birds Seem No Worse For Wear After Their Lil "ride"

Think Im gonna connect 2 together in a " L" or "T" configuration. Should be less blowable if you will. OzawkieBantams lives at what has been ground zero for this area, kinda got to worry bout him and his tonight. Bill

glad your still sticky side down partner. hope ozawki stays the same.

hella build that they hung together...what was that you and your bro lifted? about a 450 deadlift? +23 of JJs bobs didnt make it any lighter either...

Back
Top Bottom