Were to get frizzles!!!

Chicken Girl

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Were is the BEST hatchery to get frizzle bantum chicks? Pleas Help me out here!!! I have to get frizzles this year to help out my white/frizzle bantum cochin! She is being picked on and it is not bad yet so i want to fix the problem now. Thanks! And if you could post some pics of them that would be way help full!!!

Chicken Girl

Bear in mind that you should NOT breed frizzle to frizzle.... it will result in chickens with various feather issues
sad.png

HMM. . . I don't know about the frizzle to frizzle but Murray McMurray Hatchery has frissles, white, black & red.

www.mcmurrayhatchery.com. I have ordered from them for four years now with no complaints. If you can't breed a frizzle to a frizzle. Don't the frizzles look like a bantam chochin with a perm? Could you breed it with a cochin?

I went and look at the catalog and they are cochin varitety. As my teenager says "my bad"

Last edited:
Ok! But were is the best hatchery to get baby frizzles? I mean there is a 50/50 % that it will not be frizzle right? so were is the best place that you have got the best frizzles from? Thanks for the help!

Chicken Girl

Right... they may or may not be frizzled. I'm not sure which hatchery has the best.... I would reccomend seeking out a breeder here on the BYC for nice birds
smile.png

I just got some white frizzles from Ideal in their hatchery-choice bantam special. It was just $1.32 per chick! Anyway, they carry several colors of frizzles and on their website explain the genetics and the chance of passing on the frizzle gene.

You can find a link to Ideal and a number of other hatcheries here: http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_003.htm

I'd
recommend buying from the hatchery closest to you, as bantam chicks are very fragile and easily injured during shipment. The hatcheries are listed by state.

Kathy in Texas

Back
Top Bottom