Were You Attacked and Injured by YOUR Rooster?

Were You Attacked and Injured by Your Rooster?

• I did nothing, we're okay

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I did nothing, he attacked again

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I confined him, his attitude improved

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I confined him, didn't help his attitude

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I rehomed him

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I removed him from the gene pool (permanent)

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Pics
Kill any rooster who is acting aggressively, and don't rehome him. He could accidentally end up in a home with inexperienced chicken-keepers, and he could seriously injure anyone who is not watching their surroundings.

I, personally, have never been injured by a male chicken. I have had ones draw blood from me, but never an actual injury. Any time a male comes at me in hopes of dominance, I will kick him for self-defense reasons. There is only one exception, and that is my Cochin Bantam cockerel with a deformed leg. I don't want to accidentally paralyze him with a kick, so I won't defend myself from him and I will ignore his rather funny attempts.

"Some just take extra seasoning and steam pressure" 🤣 well stated. I'll be testing this method out in the next few weeks.
I found my problem this morning. Hormonal. And there would have been nothing I could have done about it and it would have only got worse. That's his on the left and meat roo on the right.

Attachments

• 20240318_091000.jpg
    20240318_091000.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 7
I found my problem this morning. Hormonal. And there would have been nothing I could have done about it and it would have only got worse. That's his on the left and meat roo on the right.
Yeah, looks about like my rooster's, poor guys were all jacked up on hormones!

Probably keep an eye on any of his sons that our friends have and get one back if they have a better temperament.
We have 10 of his chicks developing, due to hatch next weekend, and another dozen i just set this past Saturday, were hoping for something equally beautiful but much more tempered to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom