West Central Wisconsin Small-Batch Chicken Processors

JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom

Songster
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
West Central WI
Yes I know I should do it myself. However, I have gotten in the habit of taking my young roosters and older hens to an Amishman to process for me. This allows me to hatch and raise more birds each year than I would do if I was processing all by myself. No, spouse and children will not assist.

Well, the Amishman sold out and is moving.

So while you are allowed to make fun of me a little for not doing my own processing, what I am really looking for is leads to West Central Wisconsin Small-Batch Chicken Processors. These are usually batches of 12-25 birds once or twice a year.

Thank you,
JoAnn

I can't help you find a procesor but I do the same as you, pay someone to process my chickens for me. Makes life much easier and the expense is well worth it.

Darin

If the Amishman is still around, could you ask him if he knows anyone else who does small scale butchering?
Maybe he can set you up with a friend/neighbor of his that would like the work and that you don't know about.

Heck, if I could find a processor that would do the number of birds we need and not charge me out of my price-range, I would do it too.

I saw a posting in the coin-op laundromat for a processor in Prescott, WI. I believe they are mobile and come to your place. If you're interested, I'll look for it and send it to you. PM me if you want me to check for you.

Engteacher,

I am interested in the name of the person in Prescott that does the processing. Please inbox me with the info, or post it on here. I'm from Hampton township (10 miles south of Hastings).

Angel

Back
Top Bottom