West Virginia panhandle....

Hi W. Virginians,

Reading your msgs makes me homesick. I use to be into backyard chickens (nice stock too) for years when I lived in Stephens City, Va, south of Winchester. I remarried and moved to Romney WV for a couple of years before moving again here to TN. I haven't had poultry since living in Va., unfortunately, and miss them.
There use to be a lot of poultry people in Va., especially down towards Woodstock and Front Royal. I suspect it is still alive and well there.
TN has proven most disappointing when it comes to poultry people or livestock people in general. I've been here 2 1/2 yrs and have only met one person that is a poultry buff. Few shows or places to go and meet people of similar interest, and the ones there are, far away.

gootziecat

Welcome
big_smile.png

I too am from lewisburg WV! It is nice to others on the board.
Sylvia

I'm in boonsboro - close to harpers ferry - though I haven't been there since grade school or middle school.

Mudhen - where does your husband work if you don't mind me asking? I work close to BWI also.

Hey, fellow hillbillies! Eastern Panhandle here, Franklin, WV. Nice to meet you all! I am originally from around Parkersburg and transplanted up here 2 years ago.....don't ever want to go back!

It is the chickens that unite us.....
old.gif
lol.png

mudhen, I emailed you.
smile.png
DH and I are looking to retire to the panhandle. How do you all like it there? We're coming from NY state (which is killing us; could never live here in retirement). Just want a nice country home with our animals.

What are the chicken laws in the area? Are roosters allowed? Is it an agricultural area? Are there farms? Give me everything you got, LOL!!

Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom