West Virginia panhandle....

I am in Hurricane WV.... between Charleston & Huntington. We live on a 35 acre farm and at this point I am down to 3 chickens. We were wiped out by bobcats, coyotes, varmits, coons, possums, and various other wild life. I used to have about 50 silkies, 20 buff orps, 5 black australorps, and several cochins.
I am waiting until next spring to revive my hobby. I have been in nursing school for the past 2 years which has taken all of my time. So I graduate in December.

My coops are ready and so am I. I hate even having to buy an egg at the grocery and try not to. Our three little chickens give us just enough eggs for my husband and I.

I love having chickens and miss having them all over the yard. But next spring I plan on repopulating the farm with little biddies all over the place.

woot.gif
Hey neighbor!!
cool.png
What kind of chickens do you have?

ive got rhode island reds, a sexlink (looking for more of both of those), silver laced cochin bantams and im going to look at some rhode island whites in winchester today. I also want some delawares and maybe a few wyandottes. What kind do you have?

Hey'all, I grew up in Sharpsburg and now live outside Inwood. Nice seeing some neighbors! Im into cochin bantams and have some rosecombs

Hi West Virginians. Still up in the hills in Tucker Co. where it's snowing like heck!
D.gif
Tuffoldhen,andBeekissed just over the hill. Hi! Must have a Chicken Stock in the Spring!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom