1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

West Virginia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by courtshep, Jul 5, 2008.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I am in Martinsburg, WV. And on that note I am looking for someone in my area who has either Sexlinks or Rhode Island Reds. I need a Sexlink rooster and am thinking about getting some more hens of both breeds.

2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hi There!! Im in Martinsburg too. Im excited cause there's only a handful on here in WV and most of them are pretty far. sorry I can't help with the roo.. I have a black rosecomb roo you can have [​IMG] I have bantam cochins and rosecombs. Good Luck on your search and nice to meet ya!

-Erin

3. talkinboutmygirls

talkinboutmygirls Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Jackson county here! Very near the Mason Co. line. I have only 8 girls and they are all laying as of this week!

4. bmchickens

bmchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    w.v.
    We're probably closest to you, courtshep,here, in harrison county, clarksburg [​IMG]

5. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    "Msbear" after looking into the bantam cochins, I'm thinking I really like them. How do they do in the winter? Do you have any hens that you'd get rid of that are laying fertalized eggs right now?

6. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    My family's all from Mason Co., but I live in Ohio now, still right on the border, though. Hello to all!

7. Sharedspirit

Sharedspirit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    Doddridge County WV
    Greenwood, WV. Doddridge County here. Nice to see more West Virginians here!

8. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    [​IMG] Hey, glad to see other West Virginians on here!
    We're in southern WV, Summers County, out in the sticks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  9. WVFarmgirl

WVFarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Farmington, WV
    Marion County, WV here!!! Nice to meet everyone! I'm really excited to find this message board, I've already made a trip to get chicks from one of the girls here! Looking forward to see who else I can meet on here what else I can find (*maybe more chicks!!! [​IMG]) ... my husband on the other hand fears that.... [​IMG]

10. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

berkeleysprings wva here ,,, 2 plymoth rocks , 3 americana,,, 2 silkies,,,,3 maran

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by