Western Massachusetts

It finally happened! We got our first egg this morning, laid by Hillary. When I went in the coop she was laying in a nesting box rearranging the shavings around her. I sat on a little stool watching her and waiting. After a little while she jumped out of the nest squatted down in front of me and plopped out an egg right at my feet.

HI

Does anyone know of any breeders of Marans here in Western,MA or within a reasonable distance? Im looking for 4 Marans Pullets.
thanks

Marct611,

i searched high and low for people selling marans. i finally bought some chicks about 2 months ago from somebody i met in new york but i lost their contact number. When these grow out i will breed them and be selling chicks but that wont be for awhile. If you find anyone nearby that is selling them please let me know, i would like to purchase more

Check out marquisella (on byc) in cny for blue or copper marans

Last edited:
I saw a listing for maras and a few other breeds on craigslist a few days back. It's listed as pure bred chickens on the 19th.

Hi everyone. I am posting this in the hopes someone on this list has seen this poor lost dog. It was a cross post from Northeast Pyr Rescue. I'm sure the family is desperate to get the pup back home safe and sound.

Lost Dog last seen 11/26/12 in Lennox, MA on Pittsfield Rd.

Male, Spaniel Mix about 12 lbs. and 1.5 years old
Mostly Black with White
Black collar with ID tags
Neutered and Microchipped

Dog was a shelter dog rescued in Los Angeles. Family was in Pittsfield on vacation. Dog got loose. Very timid and shy. Name is Jaycee.
Call 413-770-7472 or 413-443-5770 if you have him or have seen him. Or call Forever Home Pet Rescue 818-486-1816 (I believe this is the LA shelter he was adopted from)

Hi everyone. I am posting this in the hopes someone on this list has seen this poor lost dog. It was a cross post from Northeast Pyr Rescue. I'm sure the family is desperate to get the pup back home safe and sound.
Lost Dog last seen 11/26/12 in Lennox, MA on Pittsfield Rd.
Male, Spaniel Mix about 12 lbs. and 1.5 years old
Mostly Black with White
Black collar with ID tags
Neutered and Microchipped
Dog was a shelter dog rescued in Los Angeles. Family was in Pittsfield on vacation. Dog got loose. Very timid and shy. Name is Jaycee.
Call 413-770-7472 or 413-443-5770 if you have him or have seen him. Or call Forever Home Pet Rescue 818-486-1816 (I believe this is the LA shelter he was adopted from)
Do you mean Pittsfield Lenox Rd in Lenox? If so I drive it 4 times a week and will keep an eye out for him. If he has been found or when he is found, please post and let us know!!!

The flyer that was posted on Facebook just said last seen around 395 Pittsfield Rd. Lennox, MA. I'm not familiar with the area so it could be the road you mentioned.

I will post updates as I get them. Hopefully this little guy is found soon. Can't imagine how scared he must be.

Dog was found yesterday. Cold and scared but otherwise fine.
smile.png

Hello
I have 3 Blue copper marans ROOS from Sterling Sue here on Byc that I am giving away to a good home FREE to the first person or people that Pm me.They are 4 weeks old.

Hello
I have 3 Blue copper marans ROOS from Sterling Sue here on Byc that I am giving away to a good home FREE to the first person or people that Pm me.They are 4 weeks old.
I wish I was into breeding the blue coppers. I have 3blue copper(actually 1 doesn't have the copper head) hens from Sue......beautiful. nice birds.

Back
Top Bottom