Western North Carolina Shows???

therifleman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
western nc
Howdy folks,
Are there any shows or swap meets in or around the Asheville NC area. I do not mind a drive as long as it is reasonable. Thanks
Chris

There used to be a swap meet sort of thing at the Little Farmer's Market (go past the airport on 280 a mile or two and there is a building on the left with a red tin roof called the Little Farmer's Market. It is once per month- maybe the first Saturday of each month in the morning. I have been several times and there were always 10-15 backyard chicken raisers with chickens for sale, really nice people. Keep an eye out for it in the Iwanna, I haven't been in a few years, but they used to always advertise there. It may not start until summer.

There is a poultry auction in Waynesville every Saturday am (also listed in Iwanna), but the one time I went, I felt like the prices were high, but I might be out of touch with the market.

The Iwanna (Iwanna.com) is a good place to find chickens also.

Hope that helps! I am sure there is more, but that is all I know of.

The next show is in Winston-Salem, 3 hours from asheville. It is this saturday(Mar 29).

There are sales/meets at the TSC in Statesville, about 2 hours from asheville, about once a month. The next is April 19.

There is an all cochin show in Newport TN, about an hour from asheville. That show is April 5.

May 3 is the "Something to Crow About Spring Show" in Newport, TN

Matt
Morganton, NC

to the list. sorry aout the multiple postings. first time on a forum list. not really sure how to get the message out to diffent people.
I guess I will learn

Quote:
Karl needs to update his site. There are no longer any shows in Salisbury. The Spring all breed and the Fall Old English Jamboree are now in Morganton as well.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom