Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
Is it normal for the fowl pox scabs to start falling off already? They are almost all gone. It's inly been about a week and she had it real bad and a lot of it....

So I shouldn't vaccinate my month old chicks for this?

And no it wasn't quite that bad. It was big scabs like that but just in the crease.

I was told it takes about a month to go away but it's only been a week....is that possible since they are falling off already?

So I shouldn't vaccinate my month old chicks for this?

And no it wasn't quite that bad. It was big scabs like that but just in the crease.

I was told it takes about a month to go away but it's only been a week....is that possible since they are falling off already?

Yep.Ours was pretty well gone in 2 weels; significantly better in a few days.

And yes, they can fall over dead. :( I'll paste a link in my next comment.

I lost a couple to the dry version, but probably because they weren't drinking and eating. If I had found them earlier I could have saved them, but they were too thin and dehydrated and died.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Ok really?

Well I hade a Rhode Island Red that was about a year old vey active and a troublemaker. I came home from work one day and found her just laying there dead like she just fell forward. Why is that?

Ok really?

Well I hade a Rhode Island Red that was about a year old vey active and a troublemaker. I came home from work one day and found her just laying there dead like she just fell forward. Why is that?
Did she have pox? If not, it could have been many things.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom