Wet chicken

vlass

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2017
El Paso tx
I came home from work to find one of my girls sitting with her neck tucked in and just looking very unhappy in general. Her feathers were ruffled and looked wet so I picked her out to check it out and she was all wet on the underside. It turns out my 4 year old had taken her for a dip in her baby pool with her right before I got home. She's been slowly following behind the rest of the flock but stopping to fluff out and look mad mostly. She came to eat when I brought food and was content being held as usual but was trembling a bit (cold or scared I'm assuming? I had walked over to the shade with her) I've never had a wet chicken and I'm not really sure if I should worry. It's over 96 degrees out today so I don't think she'll get cold as long as she stays in the sun but like I said, I don't know if I should worry. For the most part she just seems ticked off if anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    701.5 KB · Views: 30
.Simply getting wet on such a warm day shouldn't warrant this reaction..are you certain it was *just* a dip or was she perhaps taken/held under water or otherwise roughly held/handled?

.Simply getting wet on such a warm day shouldn't warrant this reaction..are you certain it was *just* a dip or was she perhaps taken/held under water or otherwise roughly held/handled?
My daughter is usually very gentle and from what my husband says she was holding her as per usual, walked over and sat down in the pool. Tweety wasn't having it and my daughter put her outside of the pool. Ive been watching her since I got home (about an hour now) and she's still fluffing her feathers periodically but she's acting more normal.

Back
Top Bottom