Wet chicks...

Nevaschickens

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Florida
Our Chickies are living on our screen in porch. Tonight it was raining. Not like a drizzle but not a storm either. Their feathers got wet. Now they kinda have a crust on their feathers. Will it get better or should i do something about it. Their brooder lamp is on btw... If you need pics just say so. :)

TO:NEVASCHICKENS.......Relax..Chicks are tough little buggers....I had an order from Marti's several years ago and the chicks got totally drenched the first night...Looked like goners for sure..I put them under the lamp in a dry place and went to bed...Next AM they were all up, chirping, and eating...Same thing happened to Mom in 1950's when brooder flooded...Don't worry...Good luck..

TO:NEVASCHICKENS.......Relax..Chicks are tough little buggers....I had an order from Marti's several years ago and the chicks got totally drenched the first night...Looked like goners for sure..I put them under the lamp in a dry place and went to bed...Next AM they were all up, chirping, and eating...Same thing happened to Mom in 1950's when brooder flooded...Don't worry...Good luck..

Thank you!!!! They are doing good now:)

Back
Top Bottom