Wet Feather

Offer some kitten food along with her reg feed just sprinkle over feed the extra protein should help with feather quality. 1 big molt a year where they lose flight feathers then Mini molts at other times. Hopefully she’ll have her big molt soon. It’s late In the year for my Muscovys to be starting into their big molt but we had such warm weather up until a few weeks ago has everyone mixed up.

Offer some kitten food along with her reg feed just sprinkle over feed the extra protein should help with feather quality. 1 big molt a year where they lose flight feathers then Mini molts at other times. Hopefully she’ll have her big molt soon. It’s late In the year for my Muscovys to be starting into their big molt but we had such warm weather up until a few weeks ago has everyone mixed up.

Hmm I wonder if our basically static weather might be contributing to her not molting yet. It's always 85 here and the big difference between seasons is just the rainfall...

I think lack of daylight also might trigger molting since my Muscovy molt in middle fall. But this is only for Muscovy my Runners an Buffs usually molt in early spring.

Back
Top Bottom