Wet Hay??

CherpNPeep

Songster
Aug 8, 2018
Canada, Vancouver
Currerntly, I'm experiencing wet Hay in my ducks run? It hasn't occured until this winter. Is it because of the humidity in Canada. There is a roof over the run and I have pea gravel beneath Thier water buckets.

I have this same issue with straw in my covered run. It gets wet less than a day after putting fresh down. I'm not sure how often I really need to change it, but I'm trying to keep things as dry as possible. I haven't found it easy to burn, and have just been dumping old straw in my woods, but it's starting to pile up and I wish I had a better solution!

I have this same issue with straw in my covered run. It gets wet less than a day after putting fresh down. I'm not sure how often I really need to change it, but I'm trying to keep things as dry as possible. I haven't found it easy to burn, and have just been dumping old straw in my woods, but it's starting to pile up and I wish I had a better solution!
Its frustrating because I don't think it'd be conformable for them to lay in moist straw.

I run into problems with this. Do you mean hay?
Hay isn't great for bedding. Hay contains bugs and spores that can cause respiratory problems in chickens and ducks. Straw is better.
Damp straw shouldn't be much of a problem for Muscovies. Ideally the females will have roost bars much like chickens. If the bar is low enough the males will roost on them as well.
It is unfortunate that the conditions chickens and Muscovy ducks are often kept in prevent them from being as clean as they might be.

Back
Top Bottom