wet pox HELP!!!

lotsofloveforchickens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 17, 2018
I have 3 hens and one of them I thought had dry pox. she has had a big ugly meaty sore on her beck for a few weeks now and she seems fine so I did not worry much but now her eye got really watery and started to swell and now she has yellow things just starting in her mouth. the other 2 hens have been around her and have even slept together in the same box. now that I know she has wet pox , do I need to separate her from the others since they have been together the whole time. how long till the others get it if there going to? the other 2 hens one shows no signs of anything and the other just has a little scab by her ear. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have 3 hens and one of them I thought had dry pox. she has had a big ugly meaty sore on her beck for a few weeks now and she seems fine so I did not worry much but now her eye got really watery and started to swell and now she has yellow things just starting in her mouth. the other 2 hens have been around her and have even slept together in the same box. now that I know she has wet pox , do I need to separate her from the others since they have been together the whole time. how long till the others get it if there going to? the other 2 hens one shows no signs of anything and the other just has a little scab by her ear. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Photos would really be helpful.
Hard to know if the others will get it or not. If you have a place to separate her where she can still see the others that would be good.

How does the hen smell around the beak? Since we cannot see pictures it is hard to know if it is dry pox or not on the comb. Wet pox is very serious, but sometimes canker, a protozoan infection, is very similar looking and spread by pigeons and wild birds. It apparently smells rotten, and the lesions can grow inside the beak and throat, airway, possibly blocking breathing. Canker can be treated with metronidazole (Fish zole found online,) or ronitazole. Fish Zole dosage is 250 mg daily for 5-6 days.

If someone can help you get any pictures using an IPador cell phone, it would be helpful. Below is a picture of canker:

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-12_9-37-54.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-12_9-37-54.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2019-11-12_9-38-40.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-12_9-38-40.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom