Wet Preservation...

chickenlife01

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 18, 2013
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Ok, so I've been incubating for a while now. I'm on my 4th or 5th round... Incubation is my passion, I'm so glad I discovered this! So, here's where it gets interesting... I'm a bit of a weird one! I've always wanted to keep the chicks that I get attatched to that don't make it. It's hard to let go of something, when you're trying so desperately for it to breathe again... or maybe if it will cheap one last time. I've been through this and it is the hardest and least enjoyable part of incubating. I even have the bones of one of my chickies that was purchased at a feedstore. That's a different story though, and no I did not dissect the little critter... mother nature took her course and after a few months and storms I found that the bones had been washed up from their shallow grave. But on to the real reason for being here... I want to try my hand at wet preservation! So, I have a hatch I'm expecting in about 7-8 days and I want to learn as much as I can. I already know the basic steps and materials, I want to dig down into the moral part. When is it right to preserve a chick? How long until it's too old? If it can be too old... Has anyone out there had experience? Is it even tougher to have to see the dead baby than letting it go? I hope you don't find this too strange or sensitive and give me some advice! Thanks, Hannah.

Back
Top Bottom