Wet Run. Humour me. Chicken dad needs help!

Many of us start with less than ideal set ups, it's not a huge problem as long as you're willing to make changes as time goes on to compensate. Moving the set up is already a good start.

@rosemarythyme I appreciate the kindness and support. I will be building a larger coop as soon as I can, for now they it is working, so I don’t feel completely horrible. But again thanks for the encouragement, a little positivity goes such a long way!

@rosemarythyme I appreciate the kindness and support. I will be building a larger coop as soon as I can, for now they it is working, so I don’t feel completely horrible. But again thanks for the encouragement, a little positivity goes such a long way!

:thumbsup Here's my own example: On the right is my old coop, which my chickens lived in for 2 years. On the left is the new one I had built once I learned a lot more about chicken keeping and wanted to expand the flock. Pretty big difference!

The old one didn't go to waste either - I recycled as much as I could. Part of it became a brooder, and part of it into a covered feed station, and another part is a rack for holding oyster shell and grit.

coop2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom