Wet Silkies!

Maidservant

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
I went out today with my camera to get a few pictures of the silkies while they were wet. There is no keeping them out of the rain, and even though it is cool, it isn't cold today, and they are out acting as silly as normal, so I'm not too worried about them being wet. Well, enjoy!

What do you mean "bad hair day"?
IMG_1746.jpg

Bagels!
IMG_1748.jpg

Lily, my smallest chicken beside of one of the RIR hens.
IMG_1747.jpg

The one smart silkie, who is broody (3 eggs under her so far, I'll be putting more this afternoon)
IMG_1752.jpg

Quote:
I had just sat that one in there and she pecked at my hand, so I left it in front of her. As soon as the camera flashed, she shoved it up underneath herself. She has five now and looks like she has room for 1-2 more. I just started putting eggs under her this morning, and I'll give her whatever is laid today (I only have 10 hens other than her, and I typically only get 5-6 eggs per day for now)I'm marking them as I put them in so I can easily tell which eggs are the ones that need to stay vs the ones that need to come in. I can hardly wait to have babies again! The chicks will be mixed this time, but I am hoping to seperate my RIR's next year to get full blooded RIR chicks to sell.

Thanks!
Emily

The wet Silky pictures are great --! the chicks are indeed soggy but SO cute -- at least we are getting enough rain in NC right now:)

SueR

Back
Top Bottom